Good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And dessert. And a snack.
1 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup gluten free 1:1 baking flour
⅓ cup light brown sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp kosher salt
6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup strawberries, diced, separated
1 Tbsp granulated sugar, separated
1 tsp cornstarch
Glaze Ingredients (Optional):
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Mix well until all components are evenly mixed.
- Add coconut oil to the mixture. Stir until coconut oil evenly coats everything in the bowl and the mixture becomes clumpy.
- Set aside ½ cup of this crumble mixture for later.
- Press remaining crumble mixture into the bottom of the 8x8 baking pan to form the crust.
- In a small pan on low heat, combine Crofter’s Strawberry Spread and lemon juice. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the diced strawberries onto the crumble crust, then drizzle on half of the Crofter’s and lemon mixture. Next, lightly sprinkle cornstarch over the strawberries (this will act as a thickener) and ½ Tbsp of the sugar.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of diced strawberries and the remaining ½ Tbsp sugar and top with the ½ cup of crumble mixture saved earlier.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble has turned a nice gold color and the strawberries are starting to lightly bubble.
- While the squares are cooking, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Once squares are cooked, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Drizzle the glaze on top.
- Serve and enjoy!