Two desserts all wrapped up in a convenient sandwich—where have you been all our life?! Get ready for a game changing dessert that is bound to be a crowd pleaser. This recipe is chalked full of flavor from the dark chocolate, to the juicy perfectly sweeten Strawberry Fruit Spread, AND creamy vegan ice cream—you’ve got to be kidding?! The flavor is sure to cure any sweet tooth with just one bite but believe us you’ll want to finish the whole thing. Can we say “YUM”!
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
3 Tablespoons Dutch-Process Cocoa
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Xanthum Gum (If using Gluten-Free Flour)
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate
3 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
½ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Large Container of your favourite Vegan Ice Cream
½ Cup Crofter’s Strawberry Just Fruit Spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare two 8x8” baking pans and line them with parchment paper. Set aside. In a medium bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
- Over a large boiling pot of water, heat your Vegan Dark Chocolate and Vegan Butter in a large glass bowl set on top of top of the boiling pot. Careful of the steam! Once it’s fully melted remove it from the heat and add in the rest of the wet ingredients to the chocolate and butter. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until they are combined. Divide the batter between the two prepared 8x8” baking pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 hours then place the brownie dishes in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, spread the Vegan Ice Cream on top of one of the brownie layers. Try to get the ice cream approximately 1” thick.
- Next layer on the Crofter’s Strawberry Just Fruit Spread. Place the other half of the brownie layer on top of the ice cream carefully. Gently press down on the sandwiches to compress them and then place back in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the freezer and use the parchment paper to life the big sandwich out from the pan. Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut out the desired designs of your sandwiches and enjoy!