Did you know the concept of candied apples have been around for over 100 years? It was believed this process started as a way to preserve fruit. Over the years different variations have been made including: candy, caramel, jelly, and toffee. The possibilities are endless. We wanted to get in on this candied apple craze by adding a Crofter’s twist. The subtle sweetness of our Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread contrasts the tart flavors of the apple making a dangerously delicious treat (fair warning). So warm up that caramel and get ready to dip these apples into their flavorful destination. We’re sure you’re going to love our take on this good old-fashioned treat.
1 Jar Crofter’s Organic Seedless Blackberry Premium Fruit Spread
½ Cup Hemp Hearts
1 Lb Caramel
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
½ Cup Milk or Heavy Cream
8-10 Small Granny Smith Apples
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper on it. Set aside.
- In a large pot full of water, bring that to a boil and place a glass bowl on top of the boiling pot. Careful not to burn yourself on the steam. Place your caramel in the glass bowl and continuously stir until the caramel begins to melt. Add in the unsalted butter and milk and continue to stir until caramel is completely melted and smooth.
- Skewer your apples through the stem and roll them in to the melted caramel in the glass bowl. Make sure to coat evenly and then let apples sit on the baking tray covered in parchment paper until the chocolate cools and sets.
- Next, in a small sauce pan. Add in the Crofter’s Organic Seedless Blackberry Premium Fruit Spread and cook down over low-medium heat. Once fruit spread is at a smooth consistency – roll your caramel coated apples into the blackberry glaze and sprinkle with hemp hearts.
- Let apples sit on parchment paper until completely cooled and hardened. Enjoy!