2 medium onions, chopped
½ cup barbecue sauce
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
4 lb boneless pork top loin roast, trimmed of fat
¼ cup cold water
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp salt & pepper
10-12 sesame or onion buns, toasted
Mix up your pulled pork with this fruity twist. You won’t regret it.
- Combine onions, Crofter’s Organic® fruit spread, barbeque sauce, dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Place the pork roast in a slow cooker and cover it in the apricot mixture. Put the slow cooker on low and cook for 8-9 hours.
- Once done, transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Set the cooking liquid aside in the slow cooker.
- Shred pork into coarse shreds with 2 forks pulling it apart.
- Let the cooking liquid sit for 5 minutes to allow the fat to rise. Skim the fat off the top and discard.
- Blend water, cornstarch, ginger and salt & pepper until it's smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture back into cooking liquid and cook uncovered on high for 15-30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Return the pork back to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve on toasted buns. Enjoy!