Couscous: The food so nice they had to name it twice! Couscous isn’t a form of rice or even grain, couscous is actually just another form of pasta, who knew? Couscous, although extremely nutritious and beneficial, can be a bland dish lacking flavor but no fear Crofter’s is here to jazz up your couscous dish! Shake things up and add some life to your couscous by making our Mango Couscous Salad recipe. Your taste buds and body will be sure to thank you later. Jam-packed with fresh mango, a mango dressing made using our Mango Premium Spread, red onions and garnished with finely chopped cilantro, this Mango Couscous Salad recipe pairs perfectly as a side dish with a protein like chicken or fish but can also be eaten as a main dish. Yes, it is that good!
1 Cup Couscous
1 ½ Cup Water
1 Cup Fresh Diced Mango
¼ Cup Diced Red onion
¼ Cup Fresh Diced Cilantro
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
¼ Tsp Ground Cumin
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Raw Honey
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Pour Water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, remove from heat.
- Stir in the couscous and let sit for 10 minutes until it absorbs all the water. Once all the water is gone and its been 10 minutes –fluff couscous with a fork.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, ground cumin, garlic powder, honey, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Add the couscous to another larger bowl with the mango, cilantro and red onion. Mix well and then add in the vinaigrette.
- Gently toss with a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!