Pumpkin is jam-packed with added health benefits. It’s a great source of fiber, can help memory and concentration, is a natural immunity booster, known to help with eye health, as well as known to enhance your sleep and mood. We couldn’t resist combining our Seville Orange Fruit Spread with this natural powerhouse. This dessert sends your taste buds into the fall season but don’t kid yourself it’s yummy all year-round. The tanginess of our Seville Orange spread pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of pumpkin and hint of nutmeg—making it the perfect treat when you feel like you need a taste of fall. So, preheat that oven and watch the magic unfold!
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 oz. Almond Milk
1 Tbsp. Crofter’s Seville Orange Just Fruit Spread
1/2 Cup Crofter’s Seville Orange Just Fruit Spread
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 2/3 Cups Granulated Sugar
4 Large Eggs
2 Cups (or one 15 ounce can) Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 Cup Water
3 1/3 Cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9"x 5" baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the oil, sugar, eggs pumpkin puree, water and 1/2 Cup Crofter's Organic Seville Orange Just Fruit fruit spread and mix well until combined.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared greased baking pan and top with any toppings, if desired (we chose Walnuts).
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour - 1 hour & 20 minutes. Until golden brown and a toothpick can be cleanly removed from the center of the bread.
- For the glaze, we combined powdered sugar, almond milk and 1 Tbsp of our Seville Orange Just Fruit fruit spread and whisked until desired consistency than poured over the finished bread.