Kick start your morning with these mouth-watering Blackberry & Lime Scones. Scones can be intimating to make (especially to non-bakers) but they’re actually fairly simple and come together quickly (in less than 30 minutes start to finish), rewarding you with buttery layers of goodness! These scones are jam-packed with flavor by combining the subtle sweetness of our Seedless Blackberry Fruit Spread with the tanginess of the lime—this flavor combination is super refreshing, creating an oasis for your taste buds. The secret to the yumminess of these scones is our Blackberry Fruit Spread—this adds moisture to the scones, which can sometimes be a bit dry, making this the perfect ratio of buttery flaky goodness you never knew you were missing in your life. So, sit back and relax while these scones take your taste buds on a refreshing journey.
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Stick (4 ounces) Butter (cold and cut into small slices)
2/3 Cup Whole Milk
2 tsp. Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Lime Zest (freshly grated)
½ Cup Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
½ Cup Crofter’s Seedless Blackberry Premium Spread
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1/2 Tbsp. Lime Zest (freshly grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and lime zest and give it a quick mix with a wooden spoon or whisk. Quickly cut the butter into small chunks then work them in to the mixture using your hands or two forks. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg and milk then add it to the flour mixture. Stir again until everything is just moistened.
- Add Blackberries and gently stir into the dough. Next empty the loose dough on to a clean/floured surface and form the dough in to an 8” round circle. Cut the dough into 6-8 Pieces and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Coat the scones lightly with egg wash and a light sprinkle of sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until scones are a light golden colour. Let cool slightly once ready.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and lime juice and mix well. Drizzle over the warm scones and serve. Enjoy!